100 Hours to Fall in Love - Hour 3

The colour drained my face as her words registered in my mind. Run off with a woman?
"What are you talking about?" I asked, my stomach dropping. "He is involved with someone else?"
"No, no, he is not," said Zayd's father, quickly defending the accusation. "What are you saying, Mahera? Don't dig up stuff that is dead and buried."

"What are you people hiding from us?" asked my mother, the scowl on her face deepening as she glared at Zayd's parents.
"Nothing, nothing, aunty," said Ryan, "Mom is just paranoid about Zayd. He is not involved with anyone."

"Oh yes? Then what is this 'dead and buried' thing?" asked Mom, holding my Dad's hand for support. "How could you betray us like this?"

"It's nothing like that. Mahera just saw Zayd with a woman a few times and assumed things. But Zayd clearly denied everything. Why else would we propose his marriage to your daughter?" said his father.

"I don't believe it," I said, my voice a whisper amongst the shouts being thrown around me. "I don't believe it. He will come back. He's not having an affair. He has not stood me up. He hasn't run away from this marriage."

"How are you so sure?" asked Dad, his voice sympathetic.

"Because he called me love. Even though it was the first time we had spoken to each other," I said, a single tear running down my cheek.

Post a Comment

0 Comments