100 Hours to Fall in Love - Hour 2

"His phone is switched off, his car has disappeared, and no one knows where he has gone!" said Mom, her panicked voice echoing across the empty marriage hall.

"He will come back, Mom," I said, from where I was calmly seated on one of the chairs. "How many times do I have to tell you that he informed me before leaving?"

"Daria, then where is he? Did he tell you where he's going?" asked Dad.
I bit my lip. "No, he did not tell me. But he promised to tell me once he comes back."
"Thought so," said Dad, a frown etched on his forehead.

On my other side, Zayd's family was equally tensed. His father was repeatedly trying to call Zayd despite getting the same answer of his phone being switched off everytime.

His mother was sitting next to me, her lips set in a tight line.  She was staring down at the floor, the same hard expression on her face whenever I looked at her.

Had Zayd already predicted that his absence even for such less time would invoke so much panic among the two families? Was this why he had stressed so much on assuring me that he will definitely be back?
"It's not such a big deal, Mom," I said, when I saw her sweating. "It's only been a little less than two hours. He's not a kid who has gone missing. Just relax."

"Are you crazy?" she asked me, almost spitting out the words. "Your husband has disappeared for almost two hours on your wedding night and you are not worried? It's one in the morning, Daria! What work could he have now?"

"What happened?" said someone, before I could answer my hyperactive mother.
I turned sideways to see Zayd's brother coming towards us.
"Where were you, Ryan?" asked his father.

"Uncle Amir's car had broken down and they were not getting any cabs. So I had gone to drop them home. But what is going on here?" asked Ryan.

"Zayd's missing," said his mother, finally speaking up. "I'm sure he has run off with that woman. What I feared has come true."

Post a Comment

0 Comments